Refreshing your lawn in the spring can help improve its appearance and health. Here are some steps to get started:
1. Remove debris: Before you start any lawn care, you need to clear away any debris such as leaves, twigs, and branches that have accumulated over the winter.
2. Rake the lawn: Raking your lawn in the spring can help remove dead grass and promote healthy growth. This will also help break up any thatch, which is a layer of dead plant material that can prevent water and nutrients from reaching the roots.
3. Aerate the soil: Aerating your lawn can help reduce soil compaction and allow air, water, and nutrients to penetrate deeper into the soil. You can use a manual aerator or rent a power aerator from a local garden center.
4. Apply fertilizer: Applying fertilizer can help promote healthy growth and improve the overall health of your lawn. Choose a fertilizer that is appropriate for your grass type and apply it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Seed or sod: If you have bare or thin spots in your lawn, consider seeding or sodding those areas to promote healthy growth.
6. Water and Mow Regularly: Regularly mowing and water your lawn at the appropriate height can help promote healthy growth and prevent weeds from taking hold.
By following these steps, you can refresh your lawn and improve its health and appearance in the spring. If you are one who prefers there lawn to magically be refreshed when you pull back into the driveway give us a call today at 816-800-4003 and get a quote for this spring refresh!